Once Upon a Time as Karen:
- Owner of 9 McDonald’s restaurants, and Author of The Ones Who Believed joins the conversation
- Karen’s DNA has entrepreneurship
- Her paternal great grandfather had a produce trucking company
- Her paternal grandfather had a grocery store
- Her parents became McDonald’s owner/operators in L.A. in 1978
- Her maternal grandparents owned a bakery
- Karen has unconsciously enjoyed the understanding and benefits of entrepreneurship
- Karen started working in her parents’ first McDonald’s store at the age of 14
- She then ventured off as a young adult to other paths, but came back when her parents recommended her to become an owner/operator
- When she and her husband applied for a McDonald’s owner/operator franchise, they had to be available to move wherever McDonald’s wanted the next franchise opened.
- She and her husband started their family about a year and a half into their franchise ownership
- Karen still had to participate in the stores, so she had an amazing nanny to help with the family
- Try to be present in the moment, and not get so caught up in the tasks you need to complete. @oneswhobelieved #choices Click To Tweet
- Are you a rippler?
- To help you Let Go of your Teenagers:
- If there is someone in your life who positively impacted you, who would it be, and why? @oneswhobelieved #mentor Click To Tweet
- When was the last time you hit the pause button on your life, and reflected on the people who impacted you positively to take the direction you have taken in your life?
- How did their belief in you impact your current success?
- How can you pay that forward, and impact others by believing in them?
- The role you play in life is critical for you, and those you you impact. @oneswhoblieved #mentor Click To Tweet
- Remember that when you start something new, you are again in the Newborn stage – you need to take baby steps, and be okay with that!
HOMEWORK: If you want to network with someone you admire:
- Engage with them online or in their sphere of influence,
- Write them a personal note, or
- Write them an email telling them how they influence you
- Spread joy, and share their impact – they will LOVE your kindness
Connect with Karen:
Get 2 Free Chapters at that page