Once Upon a Time as Katie:
If you’re still in the 9-5 you might want to listen up…
Katie Allen, VP of ViaONEHOPE.
- Katie grew up in Nebraska, and moved to California shortly after graduating college
- Her background is in Broadcasting and sales
- Met her husband in California
- They had 2 daughters, and they changed their lifestyle from married without kids to grounded with kids
- Katie had gotten burned out working the 9 – 5 +++
- When Katie’s kids were about 5 and 2 years old, she and her husband determined Katie needed to make some changes
- She was introduced to Direct Sales
- She found herself again by getting out of the house again, and surrounding herself with like-minded women
- After two years of working at her job and her side hustle, Katie was able to quit her high pressure sales job, and become an entrepreneur
- Katie is happy to combine entrepreneurship with social responsibility, as well with OneHope Wine
- The business is ViaONEHOPE
- Katie took the Direct Sales model, and used it to the wine sales business
- She has only one client – One Hope
- Via One Hope has wine parties
- Entrepreneurs can start a business selling wine to their friends
- Her company also distributes coffee
- Everyone’s taste in coffee and wine is different
- It’s like a fingerprint
- Networking is what presented the opportunity to start her business
- If you're shy, now is the time to come out of your shell and #network #parent #entrepreneur #startup @viaONEHOPE Click To Tweet
- Seek out experts, and people you admire to pick their brains
- Any successful business owner will tell you their path is not a straight line #parent #entrepreneur #socialentrepreneurship @viaONEHOPE Click To Tweet
- A startup entrepreneur’s time is valuable, so be very careful where and with whom you spend it.
- Give value first so the person you might ask help of knows who you are, and will gladly do so
- You need to be on a influencer’s radar in order to expect them to help you
- Go into every networking situation as a giver @viaONEHOPE #success #parent #entrepreneur #networking Click To Tweet
- In our parenting and our businesses, giving first brings the biggest rewards. #parent #entrepreneur #startup @viaONEHOPE Click To Tweet
- No one can have it all.
- ViaONEHOPE is my happy place, it's my nervana. @ViaONEHOPE #mompreneur #wine Click To Tweet
Connect with Katie Allen here:
NO! I am not an affiliate for any of these products listed!
Enjoy the Journey!